Dark n’ Stormy Swirls
Ingredients (makes approx. 6)
One rolled sheet of puff pastry
2 tbsp Goslings Black Seal Rum
2 Jazz Apples – diced into small cubes
½ tsp cinnamon
A small thumb of ginger – peeled and crushed
1 lime- the juice and the rind
50g raisins (soak in rum overnight if you have the time)
50g brown sugar
- Place chopped apples, sugar, ginger, lime juice and cinnamon in a saucepan and gently cook down.
- Add the rum and raisins and cook on a low heat for 30 mins.
- Take the puff pastry sheet and place horizontally in front of you.
- Brush with the rummy apple sauce – be generous.
- Once coated, roll it up in a tight cylinder.
- Slice into six and place on baking paper on an oven tray.
- Coat with egg-wash, grate with lime zest
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180c for 25-30 mins.